Dr. Gomez MD PA uses the innovative Astanza ReSmooth diode laser technology matched with the safest protocols to deliver the safest treatments for your skin. Patients will receive a detailed aftercare instruction sheet to take home after treatment. We highly advise you to follow these aftercare tips to generate the best results. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Apply aloe vera or a cold compress after treatment to alleviate any redness or bumps that form. These side effects are temporary but can last up to 2 hours or longer after treatment.
2. Makeup can be applied unless the patient experiences blistering.
3. Avoid sun exposure to reduce any chances of dark or light spots. A sunscreen fo SPF 25 or higher is recommended throughout treatment.
4. Do not pluck, wax, or use any other methods of hair removal that will forcefully remove hairs from their follicles. Laser hair removal is only successful when hairs are attached to a follicle and in their active growth stage.
5. Shaving or trimming the unwanted hair between treatments is okay.
6. Patients may experience shedding of the hair after treatment. These are dead hairs that have been successfully treated with the laser. You can help the hair by exfoliating your skin lightly with a washcloth.
7. Avoid hot water for at least 24 to 48 hours after treatment. Showers can be taken in lukewarm water to avoid irritating the skin.
8. If you experience any adverse or unwanted side effects, please call our office immediately.